SENSORY and CONSUMER SCIENCE
Are you looking to solve problems in your execution of sensory and or consumer research?
Or are you looking for greater efficiencies?
Take the opportunity to address your questions to our expert panel.
Thursday, 27th October 2022
1.00pm - 2.30pm AEDT (Sydney time)
The Panel of sensory and consumer science experts with many years of experience in their areas of application from academia, commercial research to food manufacture. Members of the panel include:
- Anne Hasted (Senior Statistician, Qi Statistics Ltd),
- Cathy Gair (Director, T-garage)
- Jodie Hill (Research Director, Sensory Solutions),
- Alison Scandrett-Maier (Sensory Science Team Leader, Simplot Australia Ltd),
- Rozlynne Clarke (Sensory Manager, Goodman Fielder)
- Lukas Danner (Team Leader, CSIRO)
If you have questions for the panel, please email these to email@example.com by 20th October so that the panel members can consider them and prepare answers.
All webinar attendees will have a chance to add to or expand on panel responses as this is an open panel.
If you need a prompt for the kinds of questions that might be answered, here are a few:
- “How can I build sustainability into my sensory program?”
- “I want to keep my costs down for consumer research. Can I do this by reducing panel size without compromising the quality of the results?
- “What are some cost-effective ways of maintaining the interest and enthusiasm of internal quality panel members?”
Remember this is a panel that is open to all questions dealing with any issues in conducting sensory and consumer insights work at all levels in food product development and quality management.
We look forward to discussing your issues and potentially providing some solutions.
Please note that there may not be sufficient time on the day to address all questions posed, but they will be dealt with, and responses supplied at a later date. You will all be informed when this is available, so watch for the news.
About the panel
Anne Hasted: Anne started her career as an academic statistician in the Department of Applied Statistics at the University of Reading, leaving to set up Qi Statistics in 1989. She has a broad range of experience in industry (particularly in food, petrochemicals and packaging) and is a recognised expert on applications of statistical methods in the field of sensory and consumer research. She is co-developer with Hal Macfie of a successful programme of “hands on” training courses for sensory and consumer researchers which are recognised worldwide. Anne holds the position of Senior Statistical Consultant.
Alison Scandrett-Maier: Sensory & Consumer Science Team Leader with over 10 years experience at Simplot Australia and a demonstrated history of working in the food & beverage industry. Skilled in Sensory Evaluation, Consumer Research, Product Innovation and Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG). Strong research professional with a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) focused in Consumer Science from RMIT University.