Manager – Chemist/Food Technologist, Sydney Location
An exciting opportunity exists at All Colour Supplies Pty Ltd based in Ingleburn (south/west Sydney). We are a SME wholesale & manufacturing colour (dyes, pigments & dispersions) to the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and industrial sectors. We have been in business for over 30 years.
The role of laboratory manager we are seeking would be hands-on experienced, self-motivated with the ability to drive innovation through R & D, collaborate with stakeholders to exceed customer expectations. Our ideal candidate would pride themselves on developing a healthy culture by collaborating and leading a team to achieve.
Skills, Experience & Duties:
- Managing, leading, and motivating staff to ensure best practice standards in the laboratory.
- To drive innovation through stakeholder engagement on R & D projects
- Conduct laboratory trials on product development, including, improving our current range through technology advancements in raw materials, processes, and capital improvements.
- Manage key activities in the technical services area, such as accuracy of technical data, QC, QA and laboratory reporting and documentation.
- With colleagues enhance and maintain accreditation and compliance across HACCP, ISO-9001, & ISO-14001
- Contribute to the company leadership team by active involvement and promotion of ideas and policy.
- Proven experience in an associated industry with leadership skills
- Develop a system for accurate, timely reporting of test results, archiving, and retravel of supplier and customer samples, and any raw material testing.
- Well versed with FSANZ Standards and experience with other countries standard would be beneficial
- Knowledge of the GMP regulatory environment
- Any other task associated with the position, as required
A self-motivated individual who can inspire, motivate, and lead a team. You will have a passion for innovation and achieving high standards. A great communicator with interpersonal skills Our ideal candidate would have the desire to create and develop new products.
- A proven technical background - Bachelor’s degree desirable chemistry / Food technology
- Use of laboratory equipment e.g. UV Spectrophotometer, FTIR
- Strong people management skills – leading others by example
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, attention to detail.
- High levels of self-management and initiative with the ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires you to have knowledge of Office 365 applications. You will have strong communication skills - verbal, written and interpersonal. Tertiary qualifications in Science (Chemistry) or Food Science would be desirable or relevant industry experience (or related discipline) and previous lab experience in a similar environment will be highly regarded.
About Us & Culture:
All Colour Supplies Pty Ltd is 100% Australian-owned and operated with strong family values. We wholesale, pack, and have manufacturing facilities and have expanding growth due to R&D across a range of industries. Our friendly, and supportive team foster an inclusive culture. Our staff are our future, so we have a flexible, family friendly working environment. We encourage personal growth and development with networking across industry groups and associations. We offer a wide range of benefits.
How to apply:
Suitable applicants will be subject to the All Colour Supplies Pty Ltd Recruitment Process, which includes recent employment references and Police Check. A cover letter detailing your interest in the role and how your qualifications, skills, attributes and previous work experience would enable you to meet the skills, experience & duties listed above.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
For a full position description and to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES WITH THE RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. **