Topic: VIRSeek SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Environmental Testing Solutions
Date: Thursday 21 May
Time: 12:30pm AEST - NSW / VIC / ACT / TAS / QLD
Dr Uta Gasanov – National Sales Manager @ Eurofins Technologies Australia
Paul Bellchambers – Business Development Manager @ Eurofins Food Testing Australia
VIRSeek SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Environmental Testing Solutions
SARS-CoV-2 is a recently discovered coronavirus, which has caused the pandemic COVID-19 outbreak. This virus may lead to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and is predominantly transmitted person to person via droplets. The virus has demonstrated potential to remain, for a period of time, on surfaces and as a result transmission through contaminated surfaces is being investigated as a potential form of exposure.
In the current coronavirus outbreak, companies and health authorities are actively seeking solutions to monitor the presence of SARS-CoV-2 in their environments, in order to be able to implement immediate sanitation and to provide ongoing environmental monitoring to provide assurance to employees and the general public.
Key topics of the webinar:
• Role of inanimate surfaces in SARS-CoV-2 transmission
• Challenges in virus detection
• Insight into VIRSeek SARS-CoV-2 solution, a complete workflow solution
• A solution including RNA extraction and subsequent virus detection using real-time RT PCR
• Analysis / Sample processing solutions available locally in Australia
©Copyright 2024 Australian Institute of Food Science & Technology | Site by HighlandCreative.com.au