You are here
Food Industry Networking
AIFST members join a network of around 2,000 food industry professionals and offers a competitive advantage in the industry by providing:
- Access to Australia’s only food industry network, helping food professionals to connect with like-minded people.
- Access to up-to-date, scientific and technical know-how.
- Latest updates on innovation, local and global trends and industry news.
- Assistance and guidance on where to access specific support for business needs and current challenges.
- Opportunity to join AIFST Communities of Interest (COIs), which bring together like-minded food professionals within specific areas of region and interest.
Membership allows food industry professionals to enter themselves or nominate others for several annual food industry awards.
AIFST’s Industry Services provides businesses within the Australian food industry timely and relevant information to support their needs. This may include specific contract project work to underpin new product development (NPD), product marketing or business strategy around:
- New Product Development including all aspects of sensory evaluation, tasting protocols and product evaluations.
- Insights projects.
- Market research projects.
- Project management support.
Skill and Capability Building
With increasing global consolidation of the food industry, operating pressures on the local food industry are increasing. To support ongoing innovation and industry growth there is growing demand for broader industry food knowledge and the wider application of skills beyond straight technical knowledge.
AIFST takes a leadership role in delivering skill and capability building support to the Australian food industry through its Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program and discounted access to other industry training opportunities.
Communities of Interest
The AIFST Communities of Interest (COIs) bring together like-minded food professionals with specific areas of interest to provide AIFST with feedback on current issues facing the industry. AIFST members are able to join COIs, which circulate information relevant to current practices and offer a platform for information sharing and network building.
Member Discounts and Publications
Membership includes access to events including discounts for a wide range of industry events, career advancement tools and programs such as the Continuing Professional Development Courses and jobs board, and a range of publications and industry tools.