Certified Food Scientist (CFS) Credential
AIFST offers a member benefit as part of its Continuing Professional Development program to endorse and promote the Certified Food Scientist (CFS) credential to food professionals in Australia.
AIFST signed an MOU with the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), offering a discount to all AIFST members who wish to gain this Certification.
The CFS program is a first-of-its-kind certification for food professionals worldwide and is designed to meet the International Standards Organization (ISO) 17024 standard for personnel certification programs. The CFS program is governed by the International Food Science Certification Commission (IFSCC). There are currently more than 1,500 CFS representing 866 organisations in 55 countries around the world.
The purpose of the CFS credential is to:
- Assess the applied knowledge and skills of food scientists.
- Assure consumers that food scientists have demonstrated the knowledge essential to their job role.
- Help employers, practitioners and the public identify individuals with certain knowledge and skills.
- Raise the visibility and credibility of the food science profession through a certification program.
- Promote lifelong learning related to the food science profession.