You are here
2017 AIFST AGM - Information and Director Nominations
Information and Application Guidelines for AIFST Non-executive Director positions - 2017
Please forward your application to AIFST CEO and Company Secretary, Ms Georgie Aley via email [email protected]. For further information please contact Ms Aley on 02 9394 8650.
Applications close at 5.00pm (AEST) on Wednesday, 1 March 2017.
Click here for further information and application guidelines for AIFST Non-executive Director positions.
The Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology Limited (AIFST) is seeking applications to fill three Board vacancies at its 2017 AIFST AGM.
Applications are sought from individuals with a genuine interest in AIFST’s business who will contribute to the implementation of the 2016 - 2018 strategic plan and vision, and development of the Institute’s offerings to its members and the global food industry.
The Board has identified the following skills as being required to strengthen the organisation and complement the existing board skills:
- Member Services – focused on driving the organisation’s ongoing value proposition and service offering for members.
- Finance – in order to ensure a continuing focus is kept on financial sustainability and viability of the Institute, experience in finance is sought to support the Institute’s longer term financial model.
- Corporate sponsorship and fundraising – in order to ensure a future sustainable business model, corporate sponsorship and fundraising experience is sought to assist the Institute to evolve its longer term financial model.
In consideration of the above skills, the Board has a desire to appoint at least one Director with corporate knowledge of AIFST who is aligned to the future direction and keen to advance the pursuits of the Institute as articulated in the 2016 - 2018 Strategic Plan.
The following outlines the core competencies desired of potential candidates:
- Sound governance knowledge base, AICD qualifications preferred
- Strategic thinker
- Collegiate working style
- Collaborative in nature with a focus on team work
- An ability to understand key Financial indicators
- Experience on a prior Board would be helpful.
- Knowledge of the food, beverage, agriculture, technology, or manufacturing industries could be useful.
- Understanding of, or experience with, membership organisations.
The term of appointment will be 3 years, subject to the rotations that are required by the constitution. The position is an expensed position. The five set Board meetings and AGM include four face-to-face full day meetings held on a quarterly basis and one teleconference meeting which runs for approximately 2 – 3 hours; additional meetings are held as required. Board meetings are usually held in Sydney. There is an expectation that where possible Directors will attend AIFST member events or functions to further network with members.
2017 AIFST AGM
As a company limited by guarantee, AIFST is required to hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) by the end of May each year under the regulations and requirements of the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). ASIC requires all registered companies in Australia to hold their AGM within five months from the end of their reporting period. AIFST’s reporting period ends on 31 December.In response to members’ feedback on the timing and location of the 2016 AGM, and in recognition of 2017 as the 50th Anniversary of AIFST, the AIFST Board has responded by sending a formal application to ASIC requesting our reporting period be extended until 18 July 2017.
Should ASIC approve the extension request, this will allow the 2017 AIFST AGM to be held in conjunction with the 50th Anniversary Convention. The inclusion of the 2017 AGM within the 50th Anniversary Convention should provide the opportunity for more members to participate in the meeting along with the chance for members to meet and network with the AIFST Board. Once confirmation from ASIC has been provided, AIFST will confirm the 2017 AGM date and time with members.