On behalf of the Victorian branch and the Council of the AIFST, we would like to welcome you to the 47th Annual AIFST Convention in Melbourne.
The Annual AIFST Convention is an opportunity to bring together professionals from all sectors of the Australian food and allied industries to share in the latest developments in the profession.
This year’s motto is "Challenges and Opportunities in the 21st Century"
The convention promises to be an informative, educational and enjoyable event, and if that isn't enticing enough, we have outstanding invited speakers who will present to you some key innovative developments throughout the conference program.
Topics such as
• The challenges facing the food industry
• Global burden of disease
• Nutrition and health opportunities for the food industry
• Epigenetics and food - health claims
The 2014 Convention will be co-located with "foodpro 2014", the first time it will be located in Melbourne. Therefore you will also have the opportunity to see the latest offerings from suppliers to our industry.
So whether you are a professional or student, member or non-member, marketer or scientist, working in farming or food processing, food safety or quality control, training, or retail, we have something for you.
To top it all off, we will be reaching for the stars with our "Star Trek" theme Convention Dinner
On behalf of the Organising Committee and the Technical Committee, we look forward to seeing you all at our convention.
Here are several tips to guide you in your request for approval to attend 47th Annual AIFST Convention
- Your organisation is investing in you; provide details about what you will bring back from the conference
- What sessions will you attend and what immediate impact will they have on your work?
- What exhibitors will you visit on the exhibition floor and how this will help your organisation? - click here to visit FoodPro
- Which experts will you have access to and what knowledge would you bring back to share with your organisation?
Don't miss the earlybird deadline of 9th May 2014 to save your organisation $200 (members) on registration fees.
Joe Cardamone – Convention Chairperson