On behalf of the NSW Branch and the Board of AIFST, we would like to welcome you to the 48th Annual AIFST Convention co-located with the Australian Food Microbiology Conference, at Luna Park, Sydney on 11th-13th August 2015.
This convention is an opportunity to bring together professionals from all sectors of the Australian food and allied industries to share in the latest developments in the profession.
This year's Convention theme is "Food for All".
This will be the biggest convention and exhibition in 2015 with emphasis on all aspects of the food and allied industries, indeed "food for all". A three day scientific program has been developed covering the big ideas and latest thinking on Australia's role in catering for the world's growing population. There will also be interactive workshops on food labelling, verification and validation of shelf-life and an all day workshop for food industry entrepreneurs!
Key area's to include:
- Major future food provision
- Changing landscape of the food industry
- Government initiatives – National Food Plan
- Kicking food safety goals
- Omics – food perspective
- Food defense
- Food retailing – push or pull?
- Technology – opening up new, markets
- Supply chain – black holes
"Food for All" will take over the whole of Luna Park, and the themed events, including the wine and cheese evening and convention dinner, will include a ride and other fun activities.
So whether you are a professional or student, member or non-member, marketer or scientist, working in farming or food processing, food safety or quality control, training, or retail, we have something for you.
On behalf of the Organising Committee and the Technical Committee, we look forward to seeing you all at our convention.
Allison Vella & Nai Tran-Dinh – Convention Co-Chairs
Here are several tips to guide you in your request for approval to attend 48th Annual AIFST Convention
- Your organisation is investing in you; provide details about what you will bring back from the conference
- What sessions will you attend and what immediate impact will they have on your work?
- What exhibitors will you visit on the exhibition floor and how this will help your organisation?
- Which experts will you have access to and what knowledge would you bring back to share with your organisation?
Don't miss the earlybird deadline of 30th June 2015 to save your organisation $200 (members) on registration fees.